FAQs For Mentors
What is the giving hour?
The goal of The Giving Hour is to engage individuals through their employers, places of worship, favorite nonprofit, or other community membership organizations. The Giving Hour endeavors to unite and uplift the Memphis area by asking the question, “What can an hour of someone’s time spent mentoring mean to the community?”
Who is eligible to join our mentorship network?
• Residents exclusive only to the City of Memphis, Shelby County, and a few other border counties.
• Partner organizations looking to join must be defined under the following:
- Faith Based
- Gov. and Education
Note: Age restrictions will occur for specific mentoring opportunities (ie. Youth professional development).
How do I join The Giving Hour?
2. Complete all necessary online applications and receive a login to the Giving Hour portal.
3. Match with a mentoring program
4. Begin mentoring!
When and where will mentoring occur?
• The Giving Hours campaign begins February 1, 2017. After February 1, mentorships may start accepting applicants and begin their mentoring sessions.
• Though we hope to be able to have organizations begin mentoring as soon as February, organizations will decide their own acceptance criteria and mentoring seasons. Due to this, mentorships provided by each of our diverse partner organizations will begin at different time periods.